[blindeudora] Re: John Can't send e-mails

  • From: Lou Burton <lburton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 21:04:06 -0500

Goody!

So they slipped a fast one in on you.

Glad you got that one done, cause it would have been an impossible task without those new settings.At 08, 42 2/20/2007, you wrote:
Hi,
I can now send them again.
Earthlink changed some settings which meant ai had to change my smpt setting.
Everything works now as it should.
The error said '550 Authentication required

Went to the page and it said

This document explains how to change settings in Eudora so you will be able to use authenticted SMTP (ASMTP)
Configuring Eudora 6.2 To Use Authenticated SMTP
list of 4 items
1. In Eudora, click Tools and then choose Options:

Image

2. Click Checking Mail in the left column, and make sure that your FULL email address is in the User Name field.

Image

3. Next click on Sending Mail. You will change the SMTP server listed to smtpauth.earthlink.net as show below. Also make sure that the box labeled Allow
Authentication is checked.

Image

Note: Port 587 will work on any ISP network. As a last resort, if all else fails, you can convert back to the previous setup (Port 25) by removing the check mark in the box "Use submission port (587)"; however port 25 will only work if you are connected to the Earthlink Network, so it should only be used
if all else fails.

4. Eudora should now send all mail through our ASMTP server, smtpauth.earthlink.net.
list end

Thanks!
john
At 12:50 AM 2/20/2007, Lou Burton wrote:
mmm wow, use your vertual mouse and get to task errors, and left click on it so you can get focus on them, and see what the errors say. I need to know this before we can proceed.

Later, Lou
At 22, 16 2/19/2007, you wrote:
John Gassman sent the following to me through Skype and I am relaying to you for any ideas you may have.
Larry Gassman

John wrote:
I can't send messages from my Eudora outbox
I accidently deleted two mailboxes on Thursday and since then I've noticed that I can't send messages.
Because it has worked for a time I thought it was the Earthlink server.
This started Thursday and then worked for a while on Friday. It has now been gone since Saturday Morning. When I try and send nothing happens I hear two tones but the message sits there. I can enter on it and read the bcc cc fields, subject and to fields as if I were still composing it.
What is strange is that I can still receive emails I just can't send them.
Send suggestions to the list and I'll read them but won't be able to respond until I get this problem solved.
Thanks!
John

Hea already tried deleting his Outbox.toc files but no luck.

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

http://www.eset.com

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

http://www.eset.com

        John Gassman
mailto:jjgassman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Recognition Of The Problem is 51% Of The Solution

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

http://www.eset.com

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora