[blindeudora] JAWS Speech slowing after arrowing down

  • From: "Betsy Whitney, Dolphin Press" <brailleit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 11:50:25 -1000

Aloha Everyone,
Running JAWS 11, XP Home, and Eudora 7...

After I installed JFW11, I started experiencing an odd issue. When I first open an email message I have it set to begin reading automatically, which it does. However, if i want to read something by arrowing down line by line, either with the actual arrow keys on my keyboard or with the thumbkeys on my BrailleNote, when I get about 30 to 35 lines down, JAWS starts pausing a second or 5 before beginning the speaking of the next line. My braille display also becomes sluggish. Anyone else have this problem or heard of a fix?
TIA, Betsy

Teamwork: Together we achieve the extraordinary.