[blindeudora] Re: Find command question

  • From: Lennie Rinaldi <merlin739@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 14:31:47 -0500

Don,

I don't know if this will help.

If I want to locate a message from a particular sender, I do the find command in the mailbox that the sender email is in. In another words, if the sender is in the in box, I would have that mailbox in focus and then do the find command. This method should only search the in box.

I find that if there are no mailboxes in focus and I do the find command, then the search will search all the mailboxes.

I hope that this is what you are looking for?

Lennie

At 07:14 PM 12/6/2009, you wrote:
Don, I can't help you with the find command. But I can suggest an alternative that might work for you. When in the desired mailbox, press alt + O to switch from the usual date-order to sender-order. Then the emails you wish to move en-bulk may all be together.
To get back to date-order just press alt + D.
HTH,
Jeff

At 01:53 PM 12/6/2009, you wrote:
I am a bit confused by the construction of the find command.
Often I want to use the find command to locate all messages
in the inbox from a specific sender which I will
subsequently transfer to a different mailbox.  However, when
I set the find parameters, all mailboxes are searched even
though I have used the "more" command and specified only the
In box to be searched.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks.

Don Roberts

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora