[blindeudora] Re: Eudora V7.1.0.9 installation question

  • From: northstar1950@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 08:18:53 -0500

you first need to reinstall eudora and once its installed, you can copy the eudora foldedr to the location where you re-installed eudora.

Legend has it that on Wednesday 6/5/2013 11:32 PM, Greg Daniel said:
Hi everyone,

I have been using Eudora V7.1.0.9 forever and now use it on my Windows 7 machine with Window-Eyes V8.1.

I recently had a power supply failure which, because the hard drive was not spinning to its 5400/7200RPM capacity, my Windows 7 system files were corrupted, causing the computer to reboot every five minutes automatically. Therefore, I had my data files backed up and a new copy of Windows 7 installed on the computer. I am attempting to install Eudora by copying its folder onto the C Drive in the root directory. However, when I start Eudora, I get a message that Eudora is not currently my default mail program and hit Enter to cause it to be the default mail program. I then get an error "Eudora was not able to update the system registry; your default mail program was not updated.

Any suggestions as to my next step?

Thanks,
Greg Daniel
Columbus, Ohio