[blindeudora] Re: Deleting an email

  • From: Doris and Chris <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 19:08:20 -0400

Hi,

This behavior is caused by an enhancement to msa that is part of the operating system in widnows 7 but not in xp by default and that Eudora doesn't seem to support. (an optional upgrade for xp is available to add this extra functionality - or nonfunctionality in Eudora's case.)

Miss Ann Byrne posted a fix to this pproblem the other month that I am quoting below:

begin quote

I fixed this, almost, by going into the Eudora script with insert-0, finding the delete script, and adding two lines immediately before the return command:
        Delay (3)
        PerformScript SayLine()
I compiled the script and it's great. Except when I delete the last entry in a mailbox it says the previous entry twice.

end quote

it would be nice if FS added this to the Eudora scripts and I am sure it would also be possible to avoid the double speaking of the mesage at the end of a mailbox list by adding an appropriate "if" statement that had jaws check if a mesage was the last in a mailbox before performing the "SayLine" command after deletion of a mesage.anyone with scripting capability that can add this to Miss Ann's script fix?

Thanks much.

Doris

At 05:29 PM 5/29/2010 -0400, you wrote:
Hi,

I am using Eudora version 7 on both my XP and windows7 computers with no problems. I have one simple problem which I hope someone can clear up for me.

On the XP machine, when focus is on the list of email in any mailboxes, (the email is not open and it can be either read or unread) I press the delete key and the email is transferred to the trash mailbox and Jaws immediately read the header of the next email in the list.

However, when I perform the same procedure on my windows7 computer, the email is transferred to the trash mailbox, but Jaws is silent and does not read the next email unless I do say line.

Is there any settings in option that I am missing that will do the same thing in both OS computers? I am not interested in the email opening up automatically after reading the previous email or deleting it.

I hope that I made sense? Thanks in advance for any help.

Lennie

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora