[blindeudora] Re: Can't help commenting

  • From: Brad Dunse' <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 15:36:38 -0600

Yep a handy little setting, to Un-enhance something :).

Brad

On 3/2/2011  11:49 AM Lennie said...
Brad,

It also fix the problem that I had with Quicken and split transactions window.

Lennie

At 05:48 PM 3/1/2011, you wrote:
Lennie's fix also fixed a similar problem I had in Quickbooks :).

Brad

On 3/1/2011  11:23 AM Curtis Delzer said...
I have noticed that the "control-s" for saving is handled by the "apply changes?" I was not asked after I applied changes if I wanted to have my settings saved in JFW 12. Many thanks for this, makes a huge difference in my using jfw 12 with Eudora 7.1.0.9.

Curtis Delzer.
HS.

to download the Haven cell phone  tour.
in part or in whole
http://www.mysticplace.info/audio/haven

for 6000 plus ring tones.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/wch4yb

on Sunday 2/27/2011 02:47 PM, Lennie said:
Hi Graham,

I have been using Eudora both on my XP and Window7 64 bits computers and I will continue to use it no matter how old it is. Just like Brad said, I am old and just working fine too.

I find Eudora easy to use. It is not like other people who are using OE and Window Mail, with so many problems. My wife uses both OE and Eudora and she seems to have more problems with OE. I tried to convince her to drop OE and just use Eudora. I guess that she is sighted and she doesn't consider OE to be much of a problem.

Even if Freedom Scientific does not support Eudora, you can always copy the scripts from previous version of Jaws.

I did run into a little problem that I posted to this list for those users using Jaws12. I included the information below:

Hi to any Jaws users.

I found that using Jaws 12 caused some problems that did not exist in Jaws 11.

For instant, when I type a name in the to field, Jaws 12 did not say the name of the person that I was sending the email to. I had to do say line in order to hear the name. The other problem was in spell checking. Jaws 12 would say the first misspelled word, but subsequent misspelled words would not be spoken unless you use the short-cut Insert+CTRL+6 (in the number row) to hear the misspelled word.

Well I think that I found the solution to both problems.

While in Eudora do the following:

1. press insert+6 in the number row to bring up the Setting center
2. type text in the search field and arrow down to text processing and press enter 3. Right arrow to open the general settings and arrow down to enhanced edit support 4. I found this to be checked. I unchecked it and tab to applied and press enter.
5. Tab to ok and press enter
6. CTRL+S to save the changes and press escape to put you back in Eudora.

Now, both problems listed above should work perfectly. At least that worked for me.

I hope that this will solve anyone else's problem if they encountered this.

Jaws 11 did not have this problem because the enhanced edit support was unchecked which apparently was the default. I guess that it is checked in Jaws 12 as the default.

Take care.

Lennie
At 10:13 AM 2/27/2011, you wrote:
So how is Eudora with windows seven? i am slowly getting fed up with Live Mail and the fact that FS are not doing anything with it. But still concerned that Eudora is so old.

Regards

Graham
At 08:31 AM 27/02/2011, you wrote:
Amen to this. I go to great lengths to get my friends who are blind to try Eudora, and several are just as big a fan as we are.
Recently Brad Dunse' wrote:
I very honestly gave Outhouse, err I mean Outlook a go, but after many times of it crashing, lagging, not recieving or sending maiul at random times off the same mail server, having to restart or reboot, etc., and my having to revert to my old friend Eudora to get mail. I feel much more confident and at home using Eudora again. I only tried Outhouse, errr darn it, Outlook, because it syncs up with the iPhone which I'll still use it for notes and etc. because at the moment I have no alternative unless someone else has one, but email? Eudora is king! Incidentally my wife had similar issues on her computer. Gee, that sure felt good lol.

Brad

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

Currently in Fessenden, North Dakota Clear, -2°F Wind:NNW-330° at 26mph
The big thing today is computer dating. If you don't know how to run a computer it really dates you.

Curtis Delzer
W B 6 H E F

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5917 (20110301) __________

http://www.eset.com

Brad Dunse

"...siht gnidaer er'uoy fI"
You might be a 70's rock songwriter. --Anonymous

http://www.braddunsemusic.com

http://www.facebook.com/braddunse

http://www.twitter.com/braddunse

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5920 (20110302) __________

http://www.eset.com

Brad Dunse

Opportunity often comes disguised in the form of misfortune, or temporary defeat

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora