[blindcooks] Re: breads books and baps

  • From: "Jon Rawlings" <twosocks76@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 19:47:04 -0800

That's ironic, Valerie; I made curry tonight as well, but mine was a sweet
potato curry made with ginger, garlic, finely-chopped lemongrass, and yellow
curry paste.  I was supposed to use red curry paste, but I had actually run out
and yellow was all I had.  It was still delicious served with a bit of Jasmine
rice.  Robert:  Valerie is right in that there is no substitute for fresh
lemongrass.  It is very long, like celery, but much more narrow around the
middle.  It is very chewy and hard to eat, so it is either minced very fine, or
cut into large pieces that can be removed later.  The name is very apropriate
as the flavor is a grassy citrus aroma that is very unique among hervbs.  It
definitely does not dry or freeze well.
   Jon