[blindcooks] Sugar's Chicken Salad Sandwiches

  • From: "Sugar" <sugarsyl71@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "2006 Christmas Recipe" <2006ChristmasRecipes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 14:06:14 -0800

Sugar's Chicken Salad Sandwiches

Ingredients:
1 bag of baby spinach leaves
About a third red onion or to taste (diced)
1sm. Green Bell Pepper (diced)
1 can of black olives (sliced)
1 cup Broccoli Florets(chopped)
2 Stalks Celery (diced)
2 cans of Chicken in a can (in water) or you can boil chicken and shred if
desired
Lemon to taste
Salt & Pepper to taste
Mayonnaise to taste
6 Ounce Walnuts (chopped)-optional
I often use almonds and dried cranberries
Shredded carrots to your likeing as well.
Directions:
In a Lg. Bowl, cut up baby spinach to smaller size.
Place chicken in the bolw, along with all the veggies.
*To get chicken to spread evenly, shred it a bit more. unless you wish for
chunks as canned chicken comes in chunks.(optional)
Add mayo to the ingrediants, enough to your taste. I add about 3 to 4
serving size spoons, again according to your taste
Drizzle a little lemon juice.
Salt and pepper to taste
* If your husband is like mine you will add some form of hot sauce, in my
case Tapa tio it is!*

You may serve salad in croissants or your choice of bread, or if you wish
you may serve with crackers.

Enjoy
Syl

 'I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the
night.
~Sugar