[blindcooks] Re: Electric Sharpeners

  • From: jacob Kruger <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 07:45:02 +0200

I actually prefer the manual/tactile feel of sharpening knives - yes, I am a knife collector, if primarily outside the kitchen.

Either way, I have both the utility knife sharpener which is almost like a keyring, which has two slots for different blade thicknesses/levels, as well as the full lansky knife sharpening kit, but, I actually, for kitchen knives anyway, generally just swiped their edges along the edge of my one granite chopping block...<smile>

In other words, I myself have no idea about electric sharpening mechanisms, but, I have multiple methods of sharpening knives otherwise.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Roger Wilco wants to welcome you...to the space janitor's closet..."

On 2016-05-01 1:19 AM, Rob wrote:

For years I have been using this little ceramic  sharpener to put edges on my
knives, but it is starting to wear out. So I decided to look at electric
sharpeners. What should i look for in such a device?