[blindchristian] Proverbs 16 18, August 10, 2015

  • From: "Victoria E Gilkerson" <vegilkerson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindchristian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <vegilkerson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 02:35:48 -0500

Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.

- Proverbs 16:18 (NIV)

Today's commentary

by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org, Author of Making Sense of
the Bible

Pride has been depicted for centuries as a destructive force. How many
examples do we need to see before we realize that pride exposes our
insecurities, and our insecurities will drive us to our ruin? It is far
better to work on the inner qualities of our character than the outward
hubris of success, for without that inner awareness we too will become
examples of pride-and that very pride will become our downfall.

Subscribe :

Victoria E Gilkerson