[blindchristian] [New post] Alive and Still Married 11 The Golden Rule to Unselfishness

  • From: Keith Heltsley <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindchristian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 19:52:12 -0600

New post on HPN
?author=2

Alive and Still Married 11 The Golden Rule to Unselfishness
by
keith

It's time to once again join us in our kitchen, as wetalk about marriage and family related topics.

What have we been up to this past week? Just a lot of snow, and trying to stay inside, and out of the weather. If you're in the area, and listening in a timely manner, consider yourself invited to Robin's upcoming Tupperware party next week.

Robin takes charge, and delivers on our topic for the day. We look at a book of devotions written by couples who have been married for over 50 years. Taking the titles as our topics, wegive our off the cuff opinions of those entries.

The theme is The Golden Rule, doing to others as you would have them do to you. Not taking each other for granted, acting selflessly, and being empathetic towards the other spouce. In following the rules for respect, love, and submitting to the other prson, the benefits will come back to you. When both are
giving to the other, both are in a place of recieving as well.

What about those times when one person feels like they're doing all the giving? Isn't this supposed to be a 50-50 arrangement? No. There's going to be times when doing more than 50% is required. Even where one spouce does it all, while the other is unable to. Each person needs their own space and time out, and efforts ought to be taken to let the other decompress. A ladies night out, or time to enjoy a hobby alone,.

Being considerate of the other's needs, sometimes in the small details of life, can mean a lot for the other. Using a strength to help with the other's weakness can be as simple asfastenibng a button, or sweeping a step. Being empathetic. Take time to get away for some alone time together, and learning
about who that person is who you're married to.

What other tidbits of advice will Robin and Keith have to talk about? How have they had to deal with balancing times of being selfless, and the need to
have things done for them?

Do you have your own input, or ideas on being there for your spouce? Do you just have an idea for us to talk about, or have a burning question for us to
try to answer?

Feedback time. DDrop us a line in the comments, or use the Contact Page tpo send us an email.

keith
 | March 4, 2015 at 7:34 pm | Categories:
Alive and Still Married

Comment