Re: Podcasts by cell phone, is it possible?

  • From: "John Moore" <coasterfreak88@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 02:59:25 -0500

I think Ifbyphone could help you out. You would call the number and
say My Blogs or something. You have to set up an account with them
first, but I think that's the only way to do it accessibly.

On 8/30/06, Lynn Schneider <lschneider9@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everyone.  I do have portable MP3 players, but I often forget to
connect my player to my PC to download episodes and then find myself
without my brain candy while waiting for my bus.  What I'd like to be
able to do is to somehow get my podcast episodes by cell phone with a
system similar to, say, Tellme.  Unfortunately, I do not have a phone
that is accessible enough to download the episodes wirelessly. Is
there a service out there where you can set up an account, establish
a list of favorite feeds, then call into a number and listen to your
feeds? I would be willing to pay for this.  There is a service at
http://www.pod2mob.com, but I think this might require text messaging
capability, which my phone does indeed have, but which I don't think
is accessible to me.  I have a cell plan with lots of minutes, so I'd
like to be able to use it for this purpose.

Thanks for any insights you can provide, and have a spectacular day.

Lynn

--
John Moore