How to get "what you hear" without the crackling on SB Live Value?

  • From: "Darrell Shandrow" <nu7i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "PC audio discussion list. " <Pc-audio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 17:26:11 -0700

Hi all,

I have a Dell Dimension 8200 equipped with an OEM version of the SoundBlaster
Live Value card.  After upgrading the drivers to a version that does support
the "what you hear" functionality, I now have a highly annoying crackling sound
after any text is spoken by JAWS and possibly other situations as well.
Applying a patch to disable "turbo mode" has reduced but not entirely
eliminated this crackling.  Any pointers to drivers that actually fix both
issues at the same time would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks.

A+, CSSA, Network+!
Visit http://www.petitiononline.com/captcha and sign the Google Word
Verification Accessibility Petition today!
Information should be accessible to us without need of translation by another
person.