blind_html [Fwd: [accessiblelinux] Check for Updates]

  • From: Nimer <nimerjaber1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind_html@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 07:16:28 -0600

"every time I say something they find hard to hear
they chalk it up to my anger
and never to their own fear"
Ani Difranco: I'm Not A Pretty Girl 1995

prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender via reply
e-mail, and delete the

Subject:        [accessiblelinux] Check for Updates
Date:   Wed, 25 Mar 2009 01:48:02 -0400
From:   Storm Dragon <stormdragon2976@xxxxxxxxx>
To:     Accessible Linux <accessiblelinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Orca-customizations.py1.0 is now available.  New in this version:
Added the ability to check for updates. The default key binding for this command is Orca+c If a new version is available Firefox will open with the page loaded so you don't have to remember a long url any more. If you already have the latest version you will be given a message saying just that. The new version also has the fix with zipcodes, so if your zip or postal code contains letters as well as numbers it should still work.
You can get your copy of the latest file at:
Current goal:
I hope to add an import function to place the latest file in the correct place. This will make it so that you will no longer need to open terminal to get a new customizations file The default key binding will most likely be Orca+shift+c
As always, feedback/suggestions welcome.