[blind-philly-comp] Wilma 12 issue

  • From: "Merv Keck" <blind5sparrow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-philly-comp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 19:38:17 -0500

Hi,

I solved a Windows Live Mail 12 issue so I thought I might post my steps
here if anyone could benefit from the shared experience.

I installed WLM on this Lenovo after purchasing it in June but never could
get it to work right under Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.

Now I just uninstalled the Windows Essentials package and reinstalled just
WLM 12 clean and things seem to be working much better.

In fact I already have Jaws 17 reading the headers pretty good in the
default view and I plan on playing with different threads next. Here are my
initial steps:

1 I uninstalled my current Windows Live Essentials.

2 I installed WLM only and unchecked the other options I did not need.

I am not advising or encouraging but only informing as this solved one of my
issues.

I still had all of my email including some I had not deleted in my deleted
folder.

3 I Tapped Alt to go to upper ribbon and right arrow key to move to view.

4 I tabbed to Message List in the lower ribbon and selected the one line
view.

At this point I began to receive much more feedback from Jaws and WLM
concerning each Email in my inbox. Instead of just giving me the subject now
it gives me all of my headers including who the message is from and other
information I specify in my columns.

Next I plan on working with conversation view as I understand that has been
an issue as well.

Hope this helps.

Merv