[blind-philly-comp] Re: New phone number for Lillian

  • From: "Merv Keck" <blind5sparrow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-philly-comp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 10:21:43 -0500

Oh rehab is always such fun, laughs! I went to a rehab in 2007 after a stay
in the hospital and getting staff through their I V line. The stay at rehab
was longer than the hospital stay because I needed antibiotics through I V
for the staff I got through the I V, laughs! And the rehab was across the
street from my apartment. They asked me during my first physical therapy
session if I wanted to wear my shoes or my little hospital booties. I told
them if they gave me my shoes I was running out the door the second they
turned their backs so the little rascals hid my shoes until they discharged
me. It was cruel because I had sight at the time and I could look out the
window and see my apartment during therapy but I could not get there.
I probably wouldn't have made it but I was serious about attempting to
escape. They were probably wise in hiding my shoes.