[blind-internet-tv] AlJazeera English Live Stream on Apple TV?

  • From: Hart Larry <chime@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-internet-tv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 07:41:39 -0700

Well, since this app is not broken, I am not writing an applevis forum. Back on Sunday I manually updated to a newer version, noticed Aljazeera English said "recently updated" I was quite happy as I've been wanting a live stream. And yes there is now a live option. Also for several weeks there are live options on Youtube. Problems are an either case the live stream drops dead in a matter of seconds, occasionally minutes, and hardly ever will an entire live newscast play. There seem no ways of contacting these folks to let them know of these inconsistancies. Archived shows seem to play fine.
Also-and-unrelated, back in July I wrote asking about BitTorrent Live. Well, I had some1 help me signup, there is still no speech, but he says a listing of at least 15 channels comes up. When I enter the app, NASA plays each time, but obviously I cannot switch among channels with a Gen3 remote on my Gen4 Apple TV. So my guess is that they are not running a live news channel any more, maybe Election Night? Also, lately occasional troubles as they update-and-ruin a CBS-News app. Thanks so much in advance of any comments
Hart