[blind-democracy] Re: The best way for Americans to defeat the Islamic state is to end support for Jewish nationalism

  • From: Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 15:29:20 -0500

Bob,

Well, the point is that every action begets a reaction. Bin Ladin told us
that the reason for his attacks on 9/11 was the US support of Israel's theft
of Palestine from the Palestinians and its continued support of Israeli
occupation and domination of Paleestine. But there would have been no Bin
Ladin if the US hadn't felt obliged to support the Taliban in Afghanistan in
order to displace the Russians. Al Qaeda wouldn't have flourished without
Bin Ladin. Had the US been willing to accept the deal when the Taliban
were willing to capture Bin Ladin and bring him to the International Court
for trial, there would have been no excuse to attack Iraq. Had the US not
attacked Iraq, there'd be no Alqaeda in Iraq nor Elnuzra Front, nor ISIS. If
the US were not providing arms to rebels in Syria, to Israel, and to Saudi
Arabia, we wouldn't have the kind of chaos there is now and you would not
have Jihadis wanting to attack the West. And the more arms our country
provides, the more drone attacks we make, the more rebels we support, the
more regime changes we attempt, the more converts we produce for groups like
ISIS.