[blind-chess] Reflecting on reflection days!

  • From: "lovell" <lovell32@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 15:11:56 +0100

Hi Richard and all,

I have been reflecting on reflection days and the allocation of five for any
length of game.

My first thought is that, whilst some may sometimes decide to take an extra day
to consider a tricky position, It is probably more often the case that domestic
or other responsibilities just catch up with us and prevent us in making moves
in all our games that day.  Five reflection days seems to be a reasonable
amount in a game of normal length, which is probably somewhere between 35 and
45 moves but for games that go much longer I wonder if it might be worth
allowing a further allocation.

There are probably equitable ways to achieve this which could be a little
complicated so I suggest it might be worth considering adding a further three
reflection days to any game which has reached 45 moves.  This would be easy to
do.
OK! That's just a thought from a rainy England!  What do other chessfriends
think?
Stan

stan lovell
2plaxton court