[blind-chess] Invitation to a Free Almost-Over-The-Board Chess Tournament

  • From: Jim Slagle <jamesrslagle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jamesrslagle@xxxxxxxxx, ftp-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 19:14:03 -0700 (PDT)

You are invited to play in the July-August World Chess Parlor Swiss Tournament.
>All are welcome to play.
>
>You arrange to schedule your game at a time an date
>convenient to you.
>We can work around your schedule, even if you are going to
>be unavailable during the tournament for a week or so.
>It is a 3 or 4 round swiss stylle tournament.
>A game usually lasts a couple of hours.
>You may request and receive a half point bye in Round 1.
>The full rules will be e-mailed with Round 1 pairings.
To enter this free tournament, simply e-mail jamesrslagle@xxxxxxxxx by Tuesday
at 11 A.M. EDT, which is 15:00 UTC or GMT.
If you cannot play in the for-the-people.com Chess Parlor chat room, you can
play using Skype.

Also you are invited to attend our weekly World Chess
>Parlor Club Meeting on Saturday in the Chess Parlor at
>for-the-people.com at 11:30 A.M. Eastern Time, 15:30 GMT or UTC.
>Everything is free!
>We can tell you how you can get free chess lessons,
>even if you have never played this great game.
>If you have any chess questions or would like to
>arrange a game, please attend the meeting.
>Our voice chat room "over-the-board" Chess Parlor
>Tournament and Ladder Tournament and other things will be discussed.
>Our tournaments are free and open to all, including beginners.
>You are welcome to listen to any of our games in the chess Parlor.
>A game is played in a couple of hours.
>It is voice-chat over-the-board chess.
>It is not correspondence chess or email chess.
>You will need to plug a microphone into your computer.
>
>A microphone cost less than ten dollars.
>
>P.S. For-the-people.com is a set of voice chat rooms.
>It is free.
>To register for for-the-people, go to the web site,
>for-the-people.com, and follow the directions.
>If you have a problem in registering or in entering
>the Chess Parlor room, et cetera, email FTP-TechTeam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
>
>After you have been accepted by for-the-people.com, to
>subscribe to ftp-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
>go to the for-the-people.com home page, and follow the
>e-mail list link.
>
>Keep checking,
>Jim Slagle
>
>Skype ID: jamesrslagle
>U.S.A. Phone: 609 945 5415

View list information and change your settings:
//www.freelists.org/list/blind-chess
=======