[blind-chess] I believe that Lovell must move to the middle of the Ladder Tournament.

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "Eddyz69" for DMARC)
  • To: blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 20:11:48 -0400

Hello Players,
Although I did not get many responses to how the Ladder should be changed,
I think a slim majority of those that responded will agree with the
approach described below.
Once a player wins the top rung of the Ladder, that player will be
declared the Ladder Champion. Then after withstanding a challenge, they will
be
moved to the approximate middle of the Ladder.
When a player automatically moves to the top rung because the Champion has
moved to the middle of the Ladder, that player will not be named Champion
until having won their next challenge and will not move to the middle until
a second challenge is defended.
So in our current situation, Stan has moved to the middle and Edward has
moved up. If Edward wins Curtis' challenge, he will be named the Champion.
Richard

In a message dated 10/8/2015 10:29:41 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Ladder Ranking and Player Status

# First Last clr Status Active Game Date
1 Stan Lovell (W) available
2 Edward Zolotarevsky (W) available
3 Lewis Wallach (B) available
4 Chris Chaffin (B) available
5 Voldi Gailans (W) available
6 Estelita Clayton (B) available
7 Jeffrey Turner (B) available
8 Rod Macdonald (W) available
9 Jim Thoune (W) available
10 Alvin Blazik (V) available
11 David Rosenkoetter (B) available
12 Peter Feysa (B) available

The following players have vacations scheduled:
Remember vacations must be scheduled two weeks in advance, unless it is an
emergency.