[blind-chess] Fall Tournament Re: Re: blind-chess Digest V2 #223

  • From: "R Dinger" <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 07:21:58 -0700

Hi Ginny,

Thanks, you are in.  I think there will be a fourth division now since Rod
said he would play if an extra was needed.

Richard
From: "Hugh Pharis" <h62730mp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [blind-chess] Re: Revised Ladder Standings Version 2 (Lucy moves
up)
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 07:38:24 -0400

This is very clear and readable!
From: "Carol Harvester" <harvesterca@xxxxxxxxxxx>
up)
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 09:34:59 -0400

I use the screen reader and screen magnifier.  It looks and works very well
for me.
Carol

------------------------------

From: "Paul Benson" <paul.benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [blind-chess] Ladder Challenge: Benson Challenges Jensen
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 14:50:07 +0100

Hello all,
A ladder challenge is issued.
Benson challenges Jensen.

Paul Benson.
------------------------------

From: "R Dinger" <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [blind-chess] Sorry, illegal challenge ... Re: Ladder Challenge:
Benso
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 07:50:52 -0700

Hello Paul,

Since Ginny is available and within the first two rungs of the Ladder above
you, you must either wait until Ginny is playing or challenge her first.

Richard
From: "Lucy Jensen" <lucyjensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [blind-chess] Ladder Challenge for Jessica from Lucy
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 09:26:11 -0600

I would like to challenge Jessica to a ladder game.  Lucy

------------------------------

From: "R Dinger" <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [blind-chess] Ladder challenge game: Grib2-Jensen Re: Ladder
Challenge
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 11:32:35 -0700

The Ladder challenge game:
Grib2-Jensen
is scheduled September 19, please begin your game within 3 days.
Richard

From: "R Dinger" <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [blind-chess] Revised Ladder Standings
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 11:36:00 -0700

Latest Ladder Order and Player Status
#  First      Last            clr Status     Active Game               Date
1  Curtis     Cockayne        (W) defender   Cockayne-Zolotarevsky     Aug
01
2  Donna      Jodhan          (B) available
3  Rebecca    Blaevoet        (W) defender   Gieschen-Blaevoet         Sep
08
4  Randy      Kruzeniski      (B) defender   Cooper-Kruzeniski         Sep
01
5  Chris      Chaffin         (B) available
6  Jessica    Grib2           (W) defender   Grib2-Jensen              Sep
19
7  Lucy       Jensen          (W) challenger Grib2-Jensen              Sep
19
[...]

Vinnie B Sep 10 through sep 17

From: "R Dinger" <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [blind-chess] Need two more players for Fall-Winter Tournament
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 12:14:20 -0700

Hi All,
The following players have signed up so far:
1 Paul Benson
2 Edward Zolotarevsky
3 Rebecca Blaevoet
4 Brandt SteenKamp
5 Curtis Cockayne
6 Vinnie Beatty
7 Alvin Blazik
8 Greg Mason
9 Mike Gieschen
10 Lucy Jensen
11 Stan Lovell
12 Richard Dinger
---
13 Jerry Doody
14 Carol Harvester

We need two more to fill out another group of four players so Jerry and
Carol can play.  Players are accepted in the order they signed up, but will
be grouped by rating so you play others of similar skill.

Please do not wait until the last minute as it creates more last minute
work.

Richard

------------------------------

From: "Paul Benson" <paul.benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [blind-chess] Ladder Challenge: Benson Challenges Alverson
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 21:16:57 +0100

Hello Richard and all,

From: "R Dinger" <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [blind-chess] Ladder Challenge Game: Benson-Alverson Re: Ladder
Challe
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 19:04:39 -0700

The Ladder challenge game:
Benson-Alverson
is scheduled September 19, please begin your game within three days.

Richard

#  First      Last            clr Status     Active Game               Date
1  Curtis     Cockayne        (W) defender   Cockayne-Zolotarevsky     Aug
01
2  Donna      Jodhan          (B) available
3  Rebecca    Blaevoet        (W) defender   Gieschen-Blaevoet         Sep
08
4  Randy      Kruzeniski      (B) defender   Cooper-Kruzeniski         Sep
01
5  Chris      Chaffin         (B) available
6  Jessica    Grib2           (W) defender   Grib2-Jensen              Sep
19
7  Lucy       Jensen          (W) challenger Grib2-Jensen              Sep
19
8  Ginny      Alverson        (B) defender   Benson-Alverson           Sep
19
9  Dick       McStraw         (W) defender   Wallach-McStraw           Apr
20
10 Paul       Benson          (B) challenger Benson-Alverson           Sep
19

From: "R Dinger" <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [blind-chess] More on Vacations and the Ladder was ...Re: Re:
Changes
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 19:21:35 -0700

Hello again Paul and all,

Hold on, I think I made a mistake.  I thought the understanding was that
when you are in vacation mode, the other players can skip over you regarding
challenges.  That is  sort of the penalty for going off on vacation, you
drift down as others move over you.

second, when you go on a scheduled vacation during a game, time in that game
is suspended until your stated return date.

Is this the general consensus?

Richard
From: R Dinger - Email Address: rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent On: 17/09/2011 19:17
Sent To: chess - Email Address: blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [blind-chess] Changes to Ladder Notice

Hello All,

I am working on automating the routine administration tasks of the Ladder
and I am ready to start testing my new system on the real thing.  As a
result please let me know if anything looks wrong or out-of-place regarding
the Revised Ladder Standings sent out by email.

Also, this is your chance to let me know what changes you would like to see
in that Revised Ladder Standings notice.  I plan on including the date a
challenge was made for example.

Dates can be shown many ways, but I do not really like the form I am
currently using (a carry over from a previous group).  Almost any form can
be used (the computer does all the work) so let us decide on something
better.  Some possibilities are:
1 numbers: 09/17/2011 or 09/17/11
2 short month names: Sep 17, 2011 or 17Sep2011
3 long names: September 17, 2011

Keep in mind members use screen readers, text magnifiers and Braille
devices.  I suspect in all cases that short is good since it reduces reading
time, so I am tentatively proposing just a simple Sep 17 for a challenge
date and we should be able to figure out the year.

Along that same line we currently show each Ladder player's first name as
well as their last name.  Do you want me to not show first names in order to
speed up reading?  Are there any further suggestions to make reading the
standings easier?

Eventually, I will be sending out the challenge confirmations through
automatic emails.  As a result I may be sending some test messages to the
list.  Please do not respond as they are only tests.

Richard

------------------------------

from: Richard Dinger <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [blind-chess] A Test, Please Ignore
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 23:14:51 -0400 (EDT)

This is a simple test message.
Please do not respond

Richard

------------------------------

From: "Paul Benson" <paul.benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Changes
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 04:28:35 +0100

ée¡o.ªÝjwZ-_ȶh ?Ü-VÞ²)©.ë-?û(Tê'z?ïiÆ­S?â²·
j·^u«z)àµé©¢¶«S\¬ºÊ^?×?~º&¶yú+z
"z
'½§¶*'ü?í.«i.¬z®?ïiÆ­S?â²éÜ.©ezxnWÿ¶§¶©¢×§¶&¥r¥.éàz¹®²Û"µ©ÝÁ¨­º{b-Ø^½§¶*'SÊ/z¿Ó?+&y©ìiÈZ-W§?ç(ºW[z+,¹çm¢Ø^Á¨­Sx)¢×§¶&¥r¥.éàz¿Ò£ù²¶§')àÁ«ÿ¶­¶o.©ezxr<¥u·¢²ËzvÚ,¢g¨?ê'½§¶*'ý©Ý¶
jg¬µªíºs'zwh~Ø^½§¶*'ü?í?+0k/í.ç!jY^z«þØ^?·o¢g¬Si®?çë¢fo.©ezxÿb.ìSا?ú+¶¯iÆ­S?í¡éÝý8b²+'¢Ö©®Sh±©Z²Ëo?öî¶;¬¶l­?<
?Ûÿ=«¥éì¢ÿÿÿÿ:¸
Sv¥1ë,jÿÿÿÿº&ýâz«üIsSPv·¬³úëv)àz¿è-*^Y÷(T'§´éÿÛOô÷ý´×]7ÿmRz{S£öåSwÿr¬³÷ëyéb²Û!ÿÿè®ÄT¨¥×kzËÿnX§w÷!zËÿ~·z-+-²ÿþSàJæãyËÿý¹b?ßÜ.ë,üÊ+z?ÕiÆ­S?ìjwm.âÚu׫Á«ÿÿô^ýÿ
§?ë- ¶?uêÍ¢Øoxw¥-? j)ÏjéZ?Ö¥-ñè.Ú'ü §?ë-
¶?uêÍ¢Øoxw¥-fÚºV§u©eüO"-Y¨²Ùb'ér.©Ý.æ§ÊÊ^r&¥q«²X¤yÈZ-W§,)àjTZÉêèzöojبzf§¹©eÉ«_S»-ý»­")zÚºÚ&j×s²ko.«)¢Ë"nW¨½êí.éÞÆ×ÞÂj'¶ÿɲ~·z¶)z¥êæSÛÿ¡÷(º»ýhb.ìj·?SÇ.²È§,Ø^-§]z¶§vØ^~SæjÚ¶¬µ©ÝSx,þ'ÚY*'z¬­ê®zËl~SÜ.©àzËh¢Ø^®·©¢»lþz0Â<¥u·s,S¶)z¶<)y©.§ôbr«wÿÿÿó«S§jS²Æ
{ÿÿÿñk¢oÿ=«¥éì¢ÿ¥«¥ý·§²?ÿ,è?zf¢-÷(þé£ÿÛ-)ÝýÈ^²Ïß­ç¥SËlþSàIéíý&­º·ZËôz¦×¦mêõïý´×]ÿçSÌJæãyËÿý¹b?ßÜ.ë,ýÿ
§?ë-
¶?uêÍ¢Øoxw¥-"br«u©ÝjYÿ"ØbzL¨ººk¢s,j_è}¦Û­ëâj×?s?í?v¦{÷è-Z0yÖò¶?k)îT·«²..Ü(®Gâ?ïÍ¢wzuú+¶²yªÚµ©eýS.j·­jY"z
jëhT«bz
ayÈZ-W§?êk¡Ç¬±«r¢êÞ?ßÇj÷²¢ëZ'éâzÚ¢{"uêÚ¶*'þØ^¦<,?¸¥Sܨ}§!jY^z>z)àSË.yÛhjx§v+âvæ¥Â"²?ïiÆ­S?ÿJç!r¥.éàzÆ«y©e£>.ïÛºÛazËZ®×Zµê¶
jgs?Ûa{wZÊÇè®Ø^~*ì¶j/zÚzf?{ü"-VÞ¶?k&Yµêí.æ§z<§qçoiÆ­S?Ýj׬ýh¥-*.­«­¢f­yÚk¡Ç¬²~o'Øb²êÿ"¯zzyébz
(?û¥-v¦zÊ+Sx­?©lþØhºZ±ÊÞzzÞi׫²..×(¥ê®?É%Ë­?Ø^~*ì¶v¦{óÞ®©±¦ëj)ez믥.·¬-Ou©b¶Ù^ý»­r<¥vÉ"T©hz
ayø«²ÙÚTê®?É%ËóÚºP^zÊ'ÿÿÿÿó«S§jS²Æ
{ÿÿÿñk¢oÑ)àz¿ÄT¨¥×kzËÿ®·bz«þ?r¥éÿr?'z{NYý{ÿOÛMu×ßõí'§µ:ÿr¬³ñ&j)@uÚÞ²ÏÛ-)ÝýÈ^²Ïß­ç¥SËlþSàJæãyËÿý¹b?ßÜ.ë,ü(Zz¬¶,Úu׫6z».±ë­ç§­æ?z»ÿµìmT¨'?øz®Æ§tÚSY^uëâqëÿ"ˬ¥ç-Sv¥.ƬzËajÛ!¢»b²
(vȧqè­­çnqë+y§bz bTïì
?¦µéíjدz\©®Sh²)àZë-jȦ¦W'z?{~SÚr¥.éàyÖ­y©ÝÁë!¢é]mæ>.ëh~(.­ê.¶Ø^Éæ«ü hz
azËZ?ا,Çs²'«üKÞzÛs-\ÿ#¥.·¬zwbz
.¶Ø^r¥.éàyÊ'~*æjبzËa®< .«­¢f­?Ǧj)lü
­ë.-Ò&k&Þ±éÝSx,¢g­zËfzË?ë-¢Ø^-+-üù^jÇ?¢z-­ë)¢wZ²Ø^ɪޢyrµë-³ôbr«