[blazie-support] Re: Games for blt 2000

  • From: Stephen Clower <supersteve03@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blazie-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 09:26:38 -0500

Hello Alex.
There were several sources of games available for the Braille Lite 2000.
There was the "Fun Games" disk from Blazie Engineering which contained
games like hangman, simon, logic, minesweeper, and solitare. The collection
from Kris Whitney, which was included in last year's update package
contained BlackJack, Two-player Chess, TicTacToe, Hangman, and a number
guessing game. Daniel Zingaro used to sell a game pack written in BASIC for
$10 which, at the final release, had 17 games including a textual fighting
game, simon, minesweeper, a football type game, a fighting/hacking game, a
very adictive board game, a two player chasing game, a hockey game,
pinball, TicTacToe, an action arcade game, Space Invaders, a racing
simulation, a word game containing many word games like hangman and
scramble word, and a game with a lot of mini games inside whose objective
is to merely rack in as many points as you can. This latter package was
definitely my favorite one. Even though the games run using the BASIC
Interpreter they're all still pretty fast.
Alright, now for the info for downloading. The Blazie games were available at
ftp://blazie.com/pub/games
I say "were" because the FTP site seems to have hickupped lately and
there's not even a /pub directory there anymore. If necesary, I can send
you that particular game pack privately as a zip file.

The games from Kris Whitney, as I said, are only available in last year's
update. You'll need to contact Freedom Scientific about that. Strangely
enough, they still sell last year's update even though this year's is free,
how interesting.

Anyway, for Dan's Basic Games, you'll need to email Dan at:
daniel_zingaro@xxxxxxxxxxx
I don't know if he is still selling these games or if he'll let me send
them along since he abandoned the Blazie games project to pursue Windows
game development. There are also some other games out there such as BPC
games, but I don't have the address for it but I know a list member here
owns that site so perhaps they can supply us with that information. Good
luck with your gaming endeavors!
Regards
Steve