[bksvol-discuss] Re: working with BrailleNote and Kurzweil

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:27:28 -0600

Jill,  you cannot upload to Bookshare with Kurzweil.  You need to use a
web browser to upload.

Guido

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
Research Division,
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

"Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
02/23/2005 12:16 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] working with BrailleNote and Kurzweil

I recently read The Kite Runner on my BrailleNote. I made a number of
corrections as I went along. In my opinion it is such a worthwhile and
enjoyable book to read that I would like to upgrade its good status on
Bookshare to excellent. I plan to scan the book with Kurzweil. If I follow
along on the BrailleNote making corrections when necessary, can I then
successfully upload it as an RTF file? It seems to me that it would be
much faster to do it this way than to try to read and upload the book with
Kurzweil. If any of you have done this with a book, will you please let me
know how successful you were and pass on any advice. Thank you. Jill