[bksvol-discuss] Re: what is this character in word?--& paragraphs

  • From: Jamie Yates <jamieyates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 20:15:51 -0800 (PST)

Sorry Gerald I just have been swamped since asking the
question.

I should have tried to open the file in a program
other than word, now that I think about it.

I don't know what it was, and it doesn't really matter
now. I deleted them all by hand so that the hyphenated
words would be corrected (like it would be mat- [that
character]ter and wouldn't go away. I changed the
margins to see if it was just a line break but it
wasn't.

Like if it was just a line break it should continue to
be a proper paragraph, and they weren't.

But I think I fixed the book up pretty well. It was a
textbook with very few actual errors. Just  it had
section breaks instead of page breaks (easily fixable)
and it had those weird things that acted like a hard
return.

Hopefully it is a textbook someone can use.

Night y'all

Jamie in Michigan
Books gone wild.... http://www.bookcrossing.com/referral/jamieyates