[bksvol-discuss] Re: wanting to read my books with my screen reader

  • From: Nimit Kaur <kaur.nimit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 20:47:24 -0500

Hello Amber,

I aalso use daisy text only and use jaws.  Did you unzip your file?
If so, then you click on the book folder, and hear the title until you
hear the book title.XML and then open it.  If you don't know how to
unzip the file, then make sure your cursor is on the book file, press
the application key and then use down or up arrows until you hear
"Extract al" all" and then press enter on it.  Then a dialogue opens
and choose "Next" and the cursor should already be on it, but if it's
not use tab to go to it and press enter.  Then tab to password and
enter your bookshare password and choose next.  Then you should have
your jaws say, "Your file has been extracted correctly." and then tab
to finish and press enter on it.  If you get a dialogue that says it's
not finished or your password is incorrect, then you have to go back
and type your password again.  Hope I didn't confuse you with big
email and explanation, if so, don't hesitate to post questions as
people can clarify more shorter than me.  HTH!!  Have a nice day!!!!!
Thanks!

--

“JUST BECAUSE A MAN LACKS THE USE OF HIS EYES DOESN’T MEAN HE LACKS
VISION!!" By STEVIE WONDER

"Just BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SEE DOESN't MEAN YOU CAN'T HEAR AND THINK!!"
By STEVIE WONDER

NIMIT KAUR

kaur.nimit@xxxxxxxxx
kaur.nimit@xxxxxxxxxxx