[bksvol-discuss] Re: validating with a note taker, was RE: Re: How to be a black belt validater?

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 16:47:34 -0600

Hi Kaitlyn,
Sorry; I've only seen a Braille Sense once, being shown to me by a demonstrator
with an almost impenetrable Korean accent. I liked the unit, and think you
could validate with it. I can't give you specifics, but maybe a couple of
general pointers. First and foremost, you need to keep the file in its original
format. If the Braille Sense can work with rtf files, then validating with it
will work for sure. Open the file and do the editing you want for that time,
then save and make sure it stays in rtf and doesn't end up in a grade 2 format,
or brl or brf file. If that's doable, you should be able to choose to do your
validating on the device and cut out the middleman, so to speak.

Hope this helps,
Kellie