[bksvol-discuss] Re: validating copyright and title info of books

  • From: "Katie Star" <kaitlyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 11:27:12 -0700

Hello Dan,

To expand on what Pratik said.

As a rule the copyright info will be in  the first number of pages. IT is
rarely just on a page by itself but as part of a page with other information
on the book. Below is an example of what you might find.

To Duncan Hazlewood

Published by

 Dell Publishing

 a division of

 Random House, Inc.

 1540 Broadway

New York, New York 10036

If you purchased this book without a cover you should be aware that this

 book is stolen property. It was reported as "unsold and destroyed" to the

 publisher and neither the author nor the publisher has received any payment

 for this "stripped book."

This novel is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents

 either are the product of the author's imagination or are used
fictitiously.

 Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events, or locales is

purely coincidental.

The author is grateful for permission to include the following

 previously copyrighted material:

Excerpt from "Back to the World" written by Curtis Mayfield.

 Reprinted by permission of Curtis Mayfield, Curtom Classics, Inc.

 and Ichiban Records, Inc.

Copyright C 1997 by George P. Pelecanos

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted

 in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including
photocopying,

 recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system,

 without the written permission of the Publisher, except where permitted

 by law. For information address: Little, Brown and Company, New York,

 New York.

Published simultaneously in Canada

 August 1998

10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3

Reprinted by arrangement with Little, Brown and Company

 Printed in the United States of America

The trademark DellR is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark

 ISBN: 0-440-22595-7

So it will take reading through the first five or six pages of a book to
find this information until you get use to looking for it.

Katie Hill

Miracles happen not in opposition to Nature, but in opposition to

what we know of Nature.

-St. Augustine

  _____