[bksvol-discuss] Re: txt files on page one

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 11:00:56 -0500

Hi Jamie,
Bookshare has a new set of instructions for volunteers in the works. The old
ones are inadequate, as you've discovered. As for the discussions here on
the list, this list is affectionately referred to as the asylum for deranged
perfectionists. <lol> So there will sometimes be debates about minor details
that are more a matter of personal opinion than anything else. The page
break issue is not one of those however.

I would like to thank you for volunteering for Bookshare. We have very few
sighted volunteers, and there are certain things that are best handled by a
sighted person. You're probably right that if you can read a scan without
difficulty it is a good scan.
Thanks and welcome again,
Kellie