[bksvol-discuss] Re: two questions for the gang

  • From: Shannon Curry <shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 11:14:05 -0600

Jamie,

Coming to this several days late, but I believe tht A Solitary Blue should be read after Dicey's Song. I kinow Seventeen Against the Dealer is the last in the series, but I've forgotten what comes between those two.

And to answer your other question, there's not really a difference between Harlequins and Silhouettes that I can tell. I don't think Silhouette does historical stuff, and the two books I've proofed that were Silhouettes didn't have explicit sex, which is not the case for the Harlequins I've read. But that could have more to do with their individual imprints in the company.

Shannon

At 05:34 AM 2/26/2010, Jamie Prater wrote:
Hi, the books by Cynthia Voigt about a girl named Dicey and her brothers and sister that starts out with homecoming doesn't have series numbers or anything on them. I read homecoming and Dicey's song and thought that was all there was about that family. It wasn't until searching around on the bookshare site and/or looking at the new books that I learned there were four others. I don't want to read them out of order, but because of how they're written, I may inevitably do that. I know there's sons from afar, the runner, seventeen against the dealer, and come a stranger but I'm not sure in what chronological order they are. This info would be helpful on bookshare if it can be found.

As far as romances, religious would be my first choice, but I also like gothic--Victoria Holt and Philippa Carr; historical, teen, harlequins--not sure about silhouettes as I've not ever read any of them, and regency and suspense and intrigue and mystery and medical. Contemporary would be all right, too. I wouldn't mind western romances either like more of the Dana Fuller Ross books and westerns like that. I also agree that the person should scan her preferrences, but I'm glad she asked what we liked. I noticed right away that bookshare has a huge plethora of different styles of romances and I like that since there are so many who are interested in different styles of romances. Hope this helps and have a blessed day.