[bksvol-discuss] Re: the Oxford Companion to American Literature

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:58:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Kasondra,

Pallavi said that there's an option to remove end-of-line hyphens on the OCR
program that we run inhouse.  I have no idea if that option was turned on when
I ran the OCR program on the Oxford Companion.  Let me rerun the OCR program on
the .tif file tomorrow, when I go into the office, and I'll see if they've been
removed.  If they have, I'll email you the new .rtf file and you can proofread
it, instead of the one you have now.  If not, well, removing hyphens from 1000
pages is not my idea of a good time, and requesting you to do so is entirely
unreasonable, IMHO.  Does that sound like a plan to you?

Carrie

Kasondra payne <Kassyp36@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I just downloaded this book.  I think Carrie submitted it.  The scan I great.
I?ve found no real spelling errors at all.  However at the end of most lines
the last word is hyphenated when it doesn?t have to be.  I tried to get the
find and replace to recognize this, but it doesn?t.  Is there a more automatic
way of getting rid of this than doing it by hand?  It is an RTF file, and I am
using MSWORD 2003.  Please help!

Kasondra Payne

http://mail.yahoo.com