[bksvol-discuss] Re: text book issue

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:55:53 -0600

O&M is orientation and mobility which is one name for the classes most blind people receive in order to learn to travel successfully. Usually this means traveling in typical city environments, learning to cross streets, understand addressing systems, use public transportation, and to look for landmarks that can help in locating places a person commonly goes.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
Assistive Technology Trainer
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity