[bksvol-discuss] Re: submitting a book

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 20:45:55 -0700 (PDT)

I'll do it, Amber, if no one else offers. My library
system has 5 different editions, though. I assume,
since you mention that your copy is old, that it's not
the Signet Classic edition published in 2002. The
others are the first American edition, published by
Day, 1955 copyright 1954; New American Library ed.,
1982, c 1954;  Signet, 1982, c 1954. and Signet c
1995.  Which one do you have? Can you convert it to
rtf before submitting it?

I can do it when I finish eats, Shoots and Leaves, or
when I get the book. I may have to request it, or one
of the branches I can access may have it. I haven't
checked that, since I didn't know which edition.

Cindy

-- Amber Wallenstein <amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I want to submit Kamala markandaya's book Nectar in
> a Sieve.  I scanned it in Kurzweil, but the book was
> quite old and the tops of most of the pages was not
> scanned well.  Any sighted people want to takke this
> on?  It's a great book.  A VI person could too, I
> think they just have to be patient enough to fill in
> missing words, etc.
> Amber

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html