[bksvol-discuss] Re: submissions

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 12:04:18 -0500

Laura Ann,

It's better to submit in RTF anyway since anyone should be able to validate
the submission.  The only reason to submit in KES would be to include the
images, and that causes the file to be extremely large.  Bookshare
originally requested that books be submitted with images, but that was
because they expected OCR  software to improve and wanted to be able to
rerun the images through newer OCR software at a later time to improve the
scan.  If the scan is already in excellent shape, then there's no reason to
include the images.  Therefore, no reason to submit in KES because the file
will have to be converted to RTF before it can be uploaded after validation
anyway.

HTH

Gerald

  _____