[bksvol-discuss] Re: still having trouble installing 3600

  • From: Laura Ann <agapetouchmassage@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 15:22:22 -0600

I used the setup.exe
in the driver folder once downloaded Bud....

Laura Ann
At 02:54 PM 11/26/2008, you wrote:
Hi Bud,

Since only the Twain drivers are showing up, do you know if you installed the Wia drivers? I don't know about KW, but Openbook recommends the Wia drivers, as otherwise status screens will pop-up between every page scanned. I took a look at the Plustech web site and they did mention that the previous drivers need to be uninstalled prior to installing new drivers.
Did you mention what version of Windows you are running?  If not, which is it.
Something you might want to try is to remove the existing drivers again, unplug the scanner's usb cable, restart windows, and run the install program for the driver again with it unhooked. I don't know about Plustech, but with at least some USB Epson and Cannon scanners the installation program will tell you when to plug in the scanner and power it up. This behavior, or technique, is something that I've only seen (or at least remember) with USB scanners. With the older SCSI scanners they always wanted you to have them already plugged in and turned on prior to installing drivers, but USB seems to be a bit more finicky about it. Perhaps it has something to do with the ability to hot swap USB devices when the system is up and running.

hth,

Dave
At 12:19 PM 11/26/2008, you wrote:
Hi to Lary and Mary and all you good guys who answered my plea. I tried everything again and still have the same results. Let me tell you briefly what I did. In the start menu I found uninstall for plustic 3600 and uninstalled it. Then I rebooted. Actually I had the scanner plugged in and connected while uninstallling, is this wrong? Then I clicked on the driver download and it opened up to about 20 files, one of which was install.exe which I entered on. Then it seemed to go through the usual process of installing with the only question of where I wanted it to be installed to. Then it asked if I wanted to reboot and I clicked on it and it rebooted. Now it looks like the files are all there but when I go into k1000 and look where scanners are listed it says plustec 3600 twain and arrowing doesn't bring up any other choices. If I press the scanner key it says it can't detect a scanner. Any thoughts? Apparently I'm doing something wrong but can't figure it out. Sorry for the length of this but I wanted it to be clear on all the steps I took.
Thanks for bearing with me.

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California