[bksvol-discuss] scanning black text on a red background

  • From: bud schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:16:57 -0800

Hi gang,

I'm trying to scann a book who's inside cover is black type on a red backgroound. I've tried a lot of different settings but haven't been able to get it to reade. I am using k1000 version 9, and an Epson scanner 1640 I believe it is. I'm also using windoweyes but I doubt if that enters into the problem. Any ideas, is a red page bad news to the scanner or what? White on black I can do fairly well, but black on red seems to throw me. Thanks.

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California