[bksvol-discuss] Re: sapi with jaws

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:38:56 -0600

Uh oh,
I think your problem is your version of JAWS.  I suppose it is a financial
issue that prevents you from upgrading?  No need to answer that question.  I
just think being stuck at that version would really be annoying.  I'm trying
to remember which version included SAPI in the swich synthesizers list.  If
you want to make sure it isn't supported you will have to run your JAWS
installation again, and choose modify installation.  Then when asked what
type of installation choose advanced.  That will give you a list of
synthesizers that you can choose to install.  Check all that you have and
see if SAPI is an option.  The problem is that even if it is in the list,
which I doubt, it won't be for version 5, because that version didn't exist
yet then, so I'm pretty sure it won't work.

I believe you automatically get Microsoft Sam, Mary, and Mike when you
install SAPI. Sam sounds like the dumbest person who ever existed. hehehe  i
use him to make stupid person wave files. :-)

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity/