[bksvol-discuss] Re: reference books

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 15:51:23 -0500

Are you asking what kind of reference books I think bookshare should have?
I guess I just ment books containing information rather than entertainment.

Just for myself, I wish there could be more science books, but they are
pretty much impossible to scan because they either need pictures or
equations to teach you anything.  Or at least people think they do.  I'd
love to find science books that explain in text instead of in diagrams, so
that I could decide if it works to learn from them.  I've had RFB&D books,
and the picture/diagram/graph descriptions usually put me to sleep and
taught me nothing.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
curious entity at earthlink dot net