[bksvol-discuss] quick Tip for Patty

  • From: "Jana Jackson" <jana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bksvol-Discuss" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 23:38:48 -0500

Hi, Patty!  Don't let this little setback frustrate you too much.  For one
thing, Gustavo or a Bookshare staff member can easily fix the rating, and if
not, Amber can re-submit it, so that someone can quickly validate it again.

One thing that may help is to remember that those pesky page headers are going
to show up sometimes, and they are no respecter of placements within text.
<Smile>  They'll divide both sentences and words at will!  They do need to be
removed, along  with the junk characters that often surround them.  If you're
using the BrailleNote, you may want to use the spell-checker, unless you find
it to be daunting.

While I'm a proficient Braille reader, I usually don't validate with my
BrailleNote, mainly because the PC is quicker in some ways.  The only exception
is the case where I am reading a book for pleasure while I'm validating it.  In
that case, since I usually read books with the BN, it seems natural to go ahead
and validate them that way.  I think I've only attempted that once, though,
since large files often take a while to open with it. <Smile>

At any rate, take heart!  If you've already validated four books, you're doing
a great job.  You'll learn with practice which errors are easily corrected and
which ones are so difficult that a re-scan by the submitter is more practical.
Happy validating... and reading! <Smile>

Jana

Jana Jackson
Director Of Training
Indigo Logix, LLC
Direct: (615)661-5254
E-mail: jana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.indigo-logix.com

For information about Jana's music ministry, visit her web site at
http://www.janajackson.com/.

Need to plan a vacation or business trip?  Jana's new on-line travel agency,
JJM Travel, offers some of the best deals on the Internet for airfares, hotels,
last-minute getaways, and more!  For all of your travel needs, visit
http://1793084.prttravel.com.  To log in, type the ID number 1793084.  To learn
how you too can save up to 90% on all of your travel, visit
http://jjm.gttrends.net.  Jana is happy to answer any questions you might have
concerning this exciting opportunity to work and have fun at the same time.  If
you have questions, feel free to e-mail her at jana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx