[bksvol-discuss] Re: question for Spanish speakers

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 12:08:01 -0700 (PDT)

Oh, Dilsia--it wasn't painful. smile--It was habit,
formed by my being a mother and correcting my children
as they grew up, and then working in an ESL program.
But I don't like to correct people unless I'm asked.
You not only asked, but you went and took some
classes.
Except when you get upset and hurried, your written
English is perfect, and if I read it now I would nevet
know that English isn't your native language. Even
after taking Spanish for several years, I woldn't be
able to write it, and certainly not to speak it,
anywhere near as well as you do English. smile

Cindy (BTW, I've decided to drop the "R"  since the
other Cindy doesn't seem to post that much and
hopefully she won't receive criticisms. Lissi's real
name, I think, is also Cindy, but she was kind enough
to use a nickname, which is so much prettier, I think,
so we woldn't be confused. smile

Cindy