[bksvol-discuss] Re: problems with submissions-large volume

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 05:35:12 -0700 (PDT)

Usually if the error doesn't say exactly what's wrong, the filename has a
special character of some sort in it.  You have been reading the group messages
recently and have seen that the filename should be all alphanumeric characters,
right?  So you removed the apostrophe from Night's Edge before trying to submit
it?  The other books without apostrophes should be okay.  I'm surprised that
they are not being accepted.  Is there a sighted person around, who can
double-check the filenames for you?  You might try renaming one of the files to
x.rtf and uploading it with that name.  It really doesn't matter what the name
of the file is, as long as you put the correct title in the title field on the
form.  That does matter!! :-)

  Good luck, and let us know how it goes.  Carrie

maithe007 <maithe007@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      Hi Carrie!

  It just says that I have an error and to check all the fields.  It looks like
it is not accepting the file I am trying to upload.  It might be the way I
named the file...dunno what is going on. I have done this before and I had the
same problem.  I kept hitting submit until it accepted the book.  I have 15
books that are ready to go, but I will have to wait until nighttime to try to
submit them again.

  Maithe
    Night's Edge
  Maggie Shayne
  Barbara Hambly
  Charlaine Harris
  © 2004 by Harlequin Books S.A.
  ISBN 0373770103

  Shadow Of The Moon
  Rebecca York
  © 2006 by Ruth Glick
  ISBN 042520961X

  Another Chance, Another Time
  Catherine Snodgrass
  © 2002 Catherine Snodgrass
  ISBN 1553164865

  Feather On The Wind
  Catherine Snodgrass
  © 2005 Catherine Snodgrass
  ISBN 1553165314

  Montana Skies
  Kay Stockham
  Copyright © 2007 by Dorma Kay Stockham
  ISBN 0373713959
  Bread and Spirit, A therapy with the new poor : diversity of race, culture,
and values
  Harry J. Aponte
  © 1994 by Harry J. Aponte
  ISBN 039370176X

  Issues and Ethics In The Helping Professions
  Gerald Corey
  Marianne Schneider Corey
  Patrick Callanan
  COPYRIGHT © 2003 Wadsworth Group
  ISBN 053435615X

  Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues in the Practice of Marriage and
Family Therapy, Third Edition
  Samuel T. Gladding
  Theodore P Remley, Jr.
  Charles H. Huber
  Copyright 2001 Prentice-Hall, Inc.
  ISBN 0137692331

  THEORY AND PRACTICE OF GROUP COUNSELING, Sixth Edition
  Gerald Corey
  © 2004 Brooks/Cole
  ISBN 0534596940

  THE THEORY AND PRACTICE OF GROUP PSYCHOTHERAPY, Fourth Edition
  IRVIN D. YALOM
  © 1995  Basic Books
  ISBN 0465084486

  Therapist's Guide to Substance Abuse Intervention
  SHARON L. JOHNSON
  ©2003 Elsevier Science
  ISBN 0123875811

  Constructive Therapies
  Michael F. Hoyt, Editor
  Copyright 1994 The Guilford Press
  ISBN 0898620945

  Theory-Based Treatment Planning for Marriage and Family Therapists:
Integrating Theory and Practice
  DIANE R. GEHART, PH.D.
  AMY R. TUTTLE, M.S.
  © 2003 Brooks/Cole
  ISBN 2002110922

  THE EXPANDED FAMILY LIFE CYCLE: INDIVIDUAL, FAMILY, AND SOCIAL PERSPECTIVES,
THIRD EDITION
  BETTY CARTER, Editor
  MONICA McGOLDRICK, Editor
  © 2005 Allyn & Bacon
  ISBN 0205409814

  UNDERSTANDING PROGRAM EVALUATION, SAGE HUMAN SERVICES GUIDES, VOLUME 31
  Leonard RUTMAN
  George MOWBRAY
  University of Michigan School of Social Work
  Copyright 1983 Sage Publications, Inc.
  ISBN 0803920938

  I can submit synopses for all of these books if wanted/needed by
administration.

  Maithe
  maithe007@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Got a little couch potato?