[bksvol-discuss] Re: overly helpful people

  • From: "Dan Beaver" <dbeaver888@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 07:59:11 -0500

You are so right about initial responses having a lasting effect.  You could
ask my wife about this.

In the fall of my senior year of highschool I attended a regular public school
instead of a school for the blind.  One day we were going to be having an
assembly to kick off our home coming week events.  I was standing in the hall
outside the auditorium waiting for the assembly to start.

I had been visiting with some friends when I heard someone ask if I needed any
help.  I turned and said no that I was just waiting for the assembly.  I
realized it was a young lady from one of my classes.  She was very quiet and
generally spoke only when she was spoken to.  I had not had the opportunity to
talk with her before.

We began talking and ended up attending the assembly together and then all the
week's events as well.  We dated through that year of highschool and were
married about a month after graduating.  We worked our way through college
together and through early years of employment and on to today.  That was 31
years ago.

Yes, initial responses can have a lasting effect.  ;-))