[bksvol-discuss] Re: ot is a courtesy rather than thumbing one's nose at ...

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 12:57:48 EDT

As long as you don't take a book that is being held for someone else you
are not poaching. By the way, there is at least one, maybe more, books with
the words hold for reader 1 or reader something els. Those are a legacy of a
problem a while back in which a certain two people were downloading books and
then uploading them within about five minutes without bothering to actually
proofread them. The hold for notice was put there to protect the books from
them. Those holds are freely available for you to take.

                                                                  "If you
tremble with indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine."
Che Guevara

                 The Militant: http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml
Pathfinder Press: http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: ot is a courtesy rather than thumbing one's nose at
moderator or other list members
Date:
7/17/2009 10:30:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Hi, Bob, thanks for giving me your take on this. I don't wish to poach on
anyone's wishes to proofread a certain book. I'd like to work in tandem
with
the submitter of a book so I can be sure of doing a good job. That was my
main concern. Regards, Kim aka Ellinder.