[bksvol-discuss] ot grants and grant writing

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 08:49:04 -0400

I suggest you check out the Small Business Administration www.sba.gov. You can take the courses I did at www.ed2go.com. They are online. Neither your pet sitting nor your massage therapy are non-proffit organizations. Therefore, you will need to apply for not-for-proffit and small business start up funding.

For the adaptive equipment, I suggest you do two things. For one, immediately register with your state commission for the blind. For another, find out if your state has loans they offer to disabled folks to finance equipment. (many states have such programs.)

E.