[bksvol-discuss] Re: numbered and unnumbered pages was Question about Listen to the Wind

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 21:21:58 -0800 (PST)

That is good to know. I've always added them to children's books Glad to know,
in case I do any more, that I won't  have to.

My problem now with a book I'm getting close to finishing is that only
alternate pages are numbered. Text is on some and photos on others. The only
thing I could think of to do is to keep the text continuous (so sometimes  you
will go, while reading, from page 37 to p. 42). I'm keeping the photos (with
descriptions in a separate section at the end of the boo, with continuous
pagination.  This is partly because the first "photo" is what I am calling a
photocopy of a long memo, and as text it needs to be read continuously and on
consecutive pages.  This book is the worst put-together book I've ever seen in
my life, from the point of view of the reader. It's difficult enough for a
sighted reader. I wish the rest of you luck; I hope my arrangement makes it
somewhat easy for you to enjoy the book. It (i.e., the text) is interesting,
even if you're not a jazz fan. I've learned a lot about the making of
recordings..

Shelby (or is it Kelby? I 'll be finished with Kind of Blue in the
not-to-distant future. (After I finish proofreading the main text Ihave to go
back and proof the photo pages that have text on them. I'm not going to
carefully proof the discography or bibliography. The book actually is an
excellent scan--*very* few corrections have had to be made, so I'm sure the
discography and bibliography are readable as is.

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: