[bksvol-discuss] Re: no quotation marks marks

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 14:45:43 -0700

Hi Cindy,

Is there any other marking denoting dialogue?  I ask this, because I worked
on a book that had no quotation marks, but dialogue was all in italics
instead.

If the print copy of the book has quotation marks, and the scanned copy has
none, I'd reject the book.  Way too much work to insert quotation marks, and
no reason that OCR shouldn't have picked them up.

Just my opinion.

Mayrie