[bksvol-discuss] Re: new books "language"

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 13:15:55 -0600

Tracy,
I like your suggestions. I really can't see why one needs a language indicator
at all. Can't we tell from a foreign language title that the book is in that
language? I can see a value to be able to search for a given
language, of course, but when I see the title, I know its either a language I
underrstand, and hence know what language it is, or I don't, in which case, it
doesn't much matter. Those who do know that language will
know. But if you must indicate language with each book, please put it after all
other relevant info.
Mary