[bksvol-discuss] new bestsellers this week

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Vol Group <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 10:18:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi gang,

Here are today's bestsellers:

Hardcover Fiction
HER FEARFUL SYMMETRY, by Audrey Niffenegger
THE PERFECT CHRISTMAS, by Debbie Macomber
JULIET, NAKED, by Nick Hornby
ROUGH COUNTRY, by John Sandford (in the collection)

Hardcover Non-Fiction
HAVE A LITTLE FAITH, by Mitch Albom
THE TIME OF MY LIFE, by Patrick Swayze and Lisa Niemi
THE MURDER OF KING TUT, by James Patterson and Martin Dugard (in the collection)

Paperback Fiction (Trade and Mass Market)
COVET, by J. R. Ward
BORN OF NIGHT, by Sherrilyn Kenyon
THE RENEGADE HUNTER, by Lynsay Sands
RAZOR SHARP, by Fern Michaels
THAT HOLIDAY FEELING, by Debbie Macomber, Sherryl Woods and Robyn Carr

I don't know if we can put the recent bestseller ARGUING WITH IDIOTS by Glenn
Beck into the collection. The text is black on a mottled yellow background, so
the OCR program will do a horrible job trying to read the text. We'd have to
type most of the book in. And every page has little comments alongside the main
text, which means rearranging the text on every page. It's a nightmare. I'm on
the fence about whether we should try to process it or not. If someone sighted
wants to try to tackle the book, please let me know. You need to have a copy of
the book in order to figure out everything on the pages and to be sighted.

Carrie