[bksvol-discuss] need help with something

  • From: "Jamie Prater" <jdprater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 01:24:47 -0500

Hi, all, I have a Lexar thumb drive full of brf files from bookshare and web
braille.  I decided to rename some of my web braille files from nls BR numbers
to actual titles of books.  I used the braillenote and did this with several
titles and then the braillenote gave me trouble.  I went to the desktop and
tried to do it and zigged when I should have zagged somehow in the process of
renaming the files, and in so doing, I messed the thumb drive up somehow and
can no longer access the titles I downloaded on bookshare and put on that thumb
drive.  Neither my braillenote nor my desktop pc will recognize the thumb
drive.  The computer will make a sound, but no listview will come up now.  On
the braille note, it just sits there and does not recognize the thumb drive.
I've tested things out and none of the other five thumb drives have this
problem.  I don't want to reformat and take a chance on losing my files.  I
have tentative sighted help but not until Monday.  I really don't want to start
over and re-download all 175+ files if I can possibly help it.  Can anybody
tell me, is the drive toast and is there a way you can access web braille
history the way you can bookshare's history in case I have to start over with
another drive?  The none folder on the my thumb drive that was there for the
better part of a year is now no longer accessible.  I could kick myself for
starting this renaming of files and wish I had left things well enough alone as
many of my favorite books from bookshare were on this drive.  Thanks in advance
for any help at all with this.  Please feel free to write me off list at
jdprater@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Thanks and have a blessed day.