[bksvol-discuss] Re: missing ISBN

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 22:33:56 -0500

Tiffany, like Mary said,  the ISBN is a nice to have,  but is not a
requirement.  If you can't find it on your edition,  ignore it.  If I
recall correctly,  the ISBN classification was introduced only in the
early 1970s.

Guido

Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

"Tiffany H. Jessen" <tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
05/11/2004 07:56 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] missing ISBN

Hello.
Last month I scanned A Woman of Substance, by Barbara Taylor Bradford.  It
was a very clear scan, and I will be submitting it to bookshare as soon as
the book is returned to the library and I can rescan two pages which
didn't quite come out as well as the other nearly perfect ones.  Anyways,
I do in fact have the copyright page, and it says the date and such, but
there is no ISBN number.  I specifically remember before returning it to
the library last month, I had my brother look at the page to see if it
maybe just didn't show up on the scanner.  He didn't find one at all.  I
looked on google to see if there was one posted on the web, but it seems
that I've found a few different ones for the very same book and author. Is
this not odd?  What should I put in the submission form?
Thanks.
Tiff